Join Naomi Pabst, PhD for a scintillating group gathering, live in Manhattan in New York.
T H E
E M B / R A C E A L C H E M Y
S O C I A L L A B
a monthly conversation on race, difference, sameness, and oneness
E M B / R A C E A L C H E M Y is an invitation to be the light, be the inspiration, and be the change when it comes to the issue of race and racism in our society and in our world.
It's a race movement that recognizes that any change starts with we ourselves, and therefore foregrounds the path to personal development, so that we can be embodied bearers of the change we wish to see in the world; beacons of light and love; models of compassion and understanding; and masters of the art of negotiating the very real differences between us.
E M B / R A C E A L C H E M Y engages the topic of race from the perspective of our shared humanity and the interconnectivity of all people on this planet.
Within our community, people of diverse backgrounds honor the differences between us, and at the same time, take as a simple truth the oneness of us all and as a statement of the obvious, that LOVE is the answer and the bottom line when it comes to creating the bright future that is perfectly possible for humanity.
• Do you aspire to "be the change you wish to see in the world"?
• Do you want to activate the freedom that lies within you?
• Do you long to feel whole and healed?
• Do you wish to live soulfully plugged in to your personal power?
• Do you want to be able to truly thrive and live your life to its highest potential?
• Do you want these things for your fellow human beings every bit as much as you want them for yourself?
If you answered "YES" to any of these questions, then your call to action is most definitely to attend:
T H E
E M B / R A C E A L C H E M Y
S O C I A L L A B
a leading edge initiative, a transformational deep dive,
a brave social experiment, an inspiring group gathering.
IT'S A FORUM FOR ACTIVE ENGAGEMENT, FOR REAL DIALOGUE ABOUT RACE AND RACISM...
• . . . where many lenses are applied to race: experiential, political, socio-cultural, and spiritual.
• . . . that encourages engagement, inquiry, and the hard questions; not quick fixes, pat answers, nor oversimplified conclusions.
• . . . where a light is shone on race as it affects our minds, bodies, hearts, and souls--as individuals and as an entire human collective.
• . . . where you will find yourself embraced for who you are, and we embrace our differences in general.
• . . . for healing and wholeness, for transformation and transcendence, for freedom and personal empowerment.
• . . . for reminders of our oneness and our human interconnectivity.
• . . . above all, for LOVE.
OUR REASON FOR BEING AND CALL TO ACTION:
• Let's immerse ourselves in a passionate, lively, open-minded, and open-hearted discussion of one of the most challenging issues of our time.
• Let's ask the hard questions about race and racism.
• Let's explore, seek, and discover.
• Let's get honest, let's get vulnerable, and let's get real about what's in our hearts and minds regarding race.
• Let's grapple with the conundrums, paradoxes, and complexities, and let's raise our consciousness.
• Let's expand our sense of ourselves and our sense of who other people are, for the sake of becoming better people, for the sake of creating a better world.
ABOUT NAOMI PABST, THE INTREPID FACILITATOR OF THIS MONTHLY CONVERSATION:
She's a former of professor of black studies who taught for 12 years at Harvard and Yale respectively. Scholar/activist Angela Davis was her dissertation advisor. Four years ago she walked away from academia to teach to a broader audience, leading workshops, retreats, salons, and masterclasses on "becoming the person you are meant to be," "living your best possible life," and "relating magically across lines of difference."
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THIS POWERFUL, INSPIRING, GAME-CHANGING MONTHLY EVENT:
• A "SOUL SHARE" by Naomi Pabst, aka, an informal teaching on a theme, and a sharing of her expertise and personal experiences in the landscapes of race.
• A lively, passionate exchange of ideas by attendees. Please note that race and racism are highly charged, contentious, and sensitive topics. Bearing this in mind, we will do all that we can to facilitate a respectful, and "loving" discussion, allowing for differences in opinion, perspectives, levels of sophistication, and life experiences. There will be illumination and insight shared, there will be correctives and knowledge given where needed, and yet we will avoid applying the yardstick of who is "right" and who is "wrong" in their perspective on race.
• Naomi will offer you her best answers to your burning questions on the topic of race and racism. She will proffer sparkling insight into your positioning in the cultural schema. She will illuminate the higher meaning and the true purpose of your unique social positioning.
• A dive into the hard--dare we say mind-boggling--questions raised by race and racism, in a space that is safe enough to allow for vulnerability and true sharing of what's in our hearts and souls. While also being strong, and forbearing, and spiritually mature, all of us in attendance will have to allow for the discomfort, tension, and awkwardness that is unavoidable when it comes to race.
• Naomi's intention is to create a forum for desperately needed and much overdue conversation and a probing exploration of the thorny, sensitive, and charged topic of race. There will be laughter, there will be tears, there will be joy, there will be toes stepped on, there will be relief, there will be feet in people's mouths, there will be breakthroughs, and there will be hurt feelings. Above all there will be growth, deepened understandings, raised vibrations, and a personal expansion of a sort that will prove to be permanent.
NOW ENROLLING FOR:
Saturday December 10th, 2016
Scroll down for SIGN UP LINK ...
(After that event is filled--12 people max--we will open enrollment for the next Social Lab, which will be held on Saturday January 7th, 2017.)
This group is kept on the smaller and intimate side, so every person present who wishes to contribute to the conversation will have a chance to speak and be heard. And every person present who wishes for it, will leave with deepened and specific insight into their unique personal experience of race. For this reason, the seats fill fast.
THROUGHOUT THIS MAGICAL AFTERNOON TOGETHER, YOU CAN EXPECT TO ENJOY...
• … an uplifting, illuminating teaching, from Naomi's heart to yours.
• … indispensable tips to guide you toward self-actualization and mastery over your relationship to race.
• ... lively, impassioned, open-minded, open-hearted, vulnerable, and deeply probing Q+A, meets discussion, meets group coaching.
Each month Naomi features a different topic, highlighting a specific avenue to generating a process of "RACIAL ALCHEMY"--assessing possible paths to true transformation in our society and in our world.
In select months, Naomi will feature a very special guest expert to be interviewed by her at the front of the room. That person will share a moving, pertinent story from their own life. You will learn about their experience in the trenches of race and racism. You will learn about how they overcame race-related obstacles on their path. This person's generous sharing of their soul wisdom, along with Naomi's imparting of hers, will serve every person in attendance most powerfully.
Please join Naomi for this grand adventure, this social experiment, this mega-dose of monthly fuel for the spirit. She will love nothing more than to cross paths with you at this scintillating event.